Tuesday 9 October 2012

FOOTBALL DIVE MASTERS

We all would agree that spring board diving in swimming has its perks and we are mainly attracted to it when it's the time of the Olympics. But now it seems that there is a new form of diving looking to become a professional sport

Diving in Football as become a custom to many teams and many players alike. Leading this new trend would be Luis Saurez and Gareth Bale. The past weekend we saw to of the best dive,masters in their trade on top form but the best comes from one you would least expect Gareth Bale. Saurez looks like he has some competition

LETS FLY: Gareth Bale takes a tumble despite no contact from Brad Guzan
Now Bales dive does not come as a surprise, what does come as a surprise is that he beat the master himself at his own game. However these are not the only players as Man United Ashley Young is also a key contender for the Dive Master crown

Now to put all jokes and Mickies aside. Diving in football is a serious issue. We see more and more top players going down in particular fashion, throwing hands and arm in the air trying to get the Refs attention, the show that is put up that these players are injured but once the decision is made they get up as if nothing is wrong.

We all agree that players need to be booked more harshly as this is an issue that needs to be stooped in its roots because the results of this issue is causing bigger issues

We all know that image is important. So what images are diving in the game causing. The result is that youngsters that idolize these players in your top leagues want to be the like these players and they start mimicking these players. Now the issue is that these young players will see the diving as a norm and start doing it at a young age meaning that one day diving will be as part of the game as scoring would be.

This is why the diving needs to stop especially in the BPL. They need to put a stop to this as fans now see diving as a norm and they start to loose interest in the game as players that constantly dive for nothing is taking the enjoyment out of the game. The BPL is a Big name and it thrives to keep that name so a stop to diving is needed to ensure that they keep their standards and class as a top league in the world. Other wise we will look at a drop in class and quality to the name of the BPL

4 comments:

  1. I see diving as a plague, I don't know how a player can be proud of their ability to fool a referee into thinking that an actual foul was committed against them. Perhaps that pride may come from the player reaching a new plateau in the art of acting instead of soccer, who knows. Personally I lose respect for a player who repeatedly dives cause they are basically making a mockery of the sport I love. Oh you also left out Oupa Manyisa of Orlando Pirates who also performed a spectacular dive this weekend and was awarded a penalty for it. Honestly I think he's looking to win "Best Performance by a Male Actor" at the next Oscars. Look out Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Amadeus. This is a plague that is destroying the beautiful game. This is one of the many reasons that has caused me to lose my love for the game, not that I do not follow it I just do not follow it as much. It seems that players are practicing the art of diving rather than the art of scoring, but what makes this worst is that your clubs are actually signing these players as they have the ability to draw fouls. the bosses and managers are also at fault. it is plain and simple disgusting and the role model term is falling out the window

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you watch the Bale dive clip over and over again it actually becomes funny. Neverless I agree with the previuse 2 comments. its bad and its something that needs to be stopped in its tracks. I went to go watch my 9 year old son play soccer on the weekend and to my disgus i actually saw kids pull the same stunt (yes even my own) I was shocked and disgusted. after the game I asked my boy where he learned that and to tell you the truth he said Saurez. This shows already that he has damaged the minds of the youth. I asked him does he like him as a player he said no but he wins free kicks and thats why he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gives me great plesure to see that everyone feels the same way. Its so true to what Amadeus says that it is a plague. I too lose respect to players even the great players for diving. it is bad and something needs to be done. With the girl who Knows all. The model term as definitly fallen away if you look at at Thomas's story about his son doing the exact same. I remember seeing this at the last u/17 world. every second team saw players go down and the acting that goes with it. I think these players were doing it hoping to get signed. Thomas I have watched the clip and I agree with you on your statment. lets hope this fazes out of the youth soon.

    ReplyDelete